There are many people who still think that lubricating gel is only useful for women who have difficulty lubricating naturally, but this prejudice is far from reality. If you don’t really know what lubricating gel is for, we anticipate that it is a magnificent option for any couple who wants to improve the quality of their intimate relationships.
Don’t you know how to use a lubricant and how it can improve your sexual encounters? Keep reading, because below we will explain what intimate lubricant is for and how to use it.
What is lubricating gel and what is it for?
The lubricating gel is a product that is used to facilitate sexual intercourse for couples, as well as to increase sexual pleasure. There are many reasons why all kinds of people decide to add this product to their intimate relationships:
- Problems with natural lubrication: there are several reasons why a woman may have problems lubricating naturally. Vaginal dryness can occur as a consequence of menopause, hormonal changes or the use of certain contraceptives or medical treatments. In these cases, the lubricating gel is a magnificent ally to increase pleasure throughout sexual intercourse.
- Size of the male member: there are cases in which the penis is very large or the vagina is very narrow, which can make intercourse difficult. The lubricant facilitates penetration reducing discomfort.
- Anal sex: the intimate gel is essential to have anal sex with your partner, since it is a delicate area that must be lubricated and dilated for the relationship to be pleasant.
- For masturbation or the use of sex toys: nobody says that the lubricant is indicated only for when we are in a couple. You can also use it during masturbation or to increase pleasure when using sex toys, whether in company or alone.
- Simple fun: If you have not yet added any intimate gel to your sexual relations, you should know that the simple use of this product can improve the quality of sex with your partner quickly and easily. Thanks to the lubricating gels, you and your partner will be able to play sexual games, experiment with foreplay and discover a new way of having sex.
Types of intimate lubricants
Depending on your tastes and those of your partner, as well as each situation, you can choose between one type of lubricant or another. These are some of the types of intimate lubricants that you can find on the market:
Water based lubricants:
Water-based lubricants are light, soft and very easy to clean intimate gels, indicated for vaginal, anal and oral sex.
The only drawback that you can find with this type of lubricant is that it evaporates quite quickly, although the solution is as simple as adding a little more. You will also find water-based lubricants with flavors and aromas so you can discover a wide range of options.
Many couples decide to bet on silicone-based lubricants due to their soft texture, since they are a type of non-sticky lubricant that greatly facilitates intercourse.
They are also more durable than the water-based ones and it is the most suitable type for anal sex, although they can also be used for vaginal and oral sex. If you want to know more about them, we invite you to consult Durex silicone-based lubricants.
If you decide to use oil-based lubricants, keep in mind that they are not compatible with latex condoms.
These types of lubricants are made with vegetable fats, such as shea butter or almond oil, however oil-based lubricants are not recommended if you are looking to have safer sex or prevent sexually transmitted diseases.
How to use Durex lubricating gel
Durex lubricating gel is very easy to use and is suitable for both vaginal sex and oral and anal sex. We show you, below, how to use it to enjoy your relationships to the fullest:
- Uncap the lubricating gel and try it on your fingertips first to check its texture.
- Then add the amount you need in the palm of your hand.
- Apply the lubricating gel in the area you prefer carefully.
- When you’re done, you just have to save the gel for the next time.
Consult the range of Durex lubricants to discover the many alternatives we have for you.
Can I use an intimate lubricant with a condom?
In the case of Durex lubricants, you should know that the entire range is compatible with condoms, but not all lubricants on the market are, which is why you should read the instructions of the product that interests you carefully before purchasing it.
Can I use homemade lubricants?
Better not! On the market there is a wide variety of water-based or silicone-based lubricants that have been specially developed to be in contact with the intimate area and improve sexual encounters. Using a homemade option is not only unsafe and can cause the condom to break, but it can also cause intimate infections.
Using Vaseline as a lubricant or using coconut oil as a lubricant, as well as other ingredients such as olive oil or aloe vera is not recommended due to its lack of safety.
Can I use an intimate lubricant if I want to get pregnant?
If you want to get pregnant, it is best to avoid using non-specific lubricants or lubricants that have not been clinically tested to see if they are safe for conception. This advice is because too many lubricants can slow down sperm and consequently hinder the ability to get pregnant.
However, and faced with this problem, many scientists have studied various intimate lubricants to see if they provide the necessary conditions for the survival and mobility of sperm.
The only thing you have to do if you want to get pregnant without giving up the pleasure of using lubricating gels, is to go to your trusted pharmacy and get a specific lubricant for fertility.
Can I use a lubricating gel while pregnant?
There are many women who during the nine months of pregnancy lubricate more than normal due to the numerous hormonal changes. However, every woman is different and these changes may affect you differently.
In these cases, the best thing to do is that, before using lubricant, consult all your doubts with your doctor for greater safety.